Skip to main content

Insert Appropriate Title Here

That awkward moment when you have a set of posts to do but don't know what to call them...

The general idea is though that I've purchased a lot of value/travel sets solely to try one item. I can't be only beauty junkie that does that. Right?

*All prices in USD before TAX.

First Aid Beauty (FAB) Cleanse & Exfoliate

This came in a very recent Sephora haul and is technically a repurchase of two items I got in a bigger kit that I'll mention later. I've raved about this Face Cleanser before so you'd understand why I couldn't pass this up. Alone the 2 oz is $10* so the Facial Radiance Pads included here are just gravy.

First Aid Beauty (FAB) Cleanse & Exfoliate Kit - www.modenmakeup.com

Origins Skincare Must Haves

Until this purchase I'd heard a lot about the Origins brand but never tried anything. Sharalee and I stumbled upon this kit at a CCO in New York and I immediately grabbed it. While it does contain a lot of their best sellers, I was most interested in the Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. Having used that up though I can tell you that I'm more impressed with the Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. The 1.7 oz. of both products retail for $12* and $17* from Sephora respectively. This kit cost $39.75*the eye cream alone is $30*. Bazinga!

Origins Skincare Must Haves Kit - www.modenmakeup.com

Peter Thomas Roth Just Mask It

This is the second one of these mini mask sets that I have purchased. At $20* I think it's a great way to try a sample of these popular masks without committing to the $45 - 80*, 5 oz. full sizes. The 24k Gold Mask is the most expensive one so I wanted to give it a go.

Peter Thomas Roth Just Mask It Kit - www.modenmakeup.com

FAB Cheers To FAB Skin

This is where the love affair with the FAB Cleanser began. FAB puts out numerous kits every Holiday season and the five piece set is the big one. Last year's price was $48*; this year's iteration retails for $54* (it's still available on Sephora.com). The 6 oz. Ultra Repair Cream featured in both kits retails for $30* alone. I think these FAB sets are some of the best value for your money.

FAB Cheers To FAB Skin Holiday 2014 Kit - www.modenmakeup.com

Just so you don't think it's all about skincare...

Josie Maran Winter Dreams

After I had grown to appreciate Josie's 100% Pure Argan Oil I wondered how the Light version would react with my skin. Luckily while Sharalee and I were waltzing through a SiJCP (Sephora Inside JC Penny) she pointed out this to me on a sale end cap. I was pleased to see it contained the infamous Argan Illuminizer. That retails for 26* and the face oil (0.5 fl. oz.) for $16*. This kit was on sale for $27.99* down from $34*.

Josie Maran Winter Dreams Kit Holiday 2014 - www.modenmakeup.com

As I've been saying in these posts, value sets are a great way to try different products before committing to the full size. Sometimes I don't even bother to open things I figure I won't use and just immediately put them down for the next giveaway or put them up for sale (at a great price) in The Marketplace.

Do you think these kits were worth it? What should I call this series? Help! 😆

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…