Skip to main content

Holiday Sets: Stila Cosmetics

Stila is best known for it's a amazing eyeshadow called 'Kitten'. So raved about is this shadow that I had to have their 'In The Light' palette just to have that one shade. It's sold as a single so you don't have to do that.

Stila Cosmetics 'In The Light' palette www.modenmakeup.com

The shade is so raved about that they created other products to go along with it: cream highlighter, lip glazes etc. But this isn't a brand awareness post so lemme get to the point. Another infamous product from the brand is their Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. Y'all know I already tried 'Como' but 'Patina' is what I really really wanted. That bih stays outta stock! So when I saw it in a Holiday 2015 mini set de dawg did dead.

Stila Liquid Lipstick Holiday 2015 kits www.modenmakeup.com
Stila Cosmetics Holiday 2015: 'Eternally Yours Liquid Lipstick' Set and 'Eternal Love Liquid Lipstick Set'

At the time of writing this I don't see these online anymore but they were - either both or just one - on Ulta.com, Sephora.com, Beauty.com and of course Stila's site. I got mine from the latter for $39USD and $20USD respectively.

C Key did a video on them so you can check it out for full details and swatches on both these kits.


Peep how the shades in the smaller set look on Tiffany.


Like Tiffany, I too thought the products looked way smaller than they did online. When I compared the specs. they're actually half of the full size. I think that's a great way to try a new formula or shade before committing to the full size. As I stated previously, it was 'Patina' I really had my eyes on but now that I see them in person I'm gonna try the darker shades too. And the others? Available in The Marketplace of course :)

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick minis www.modenmakeup.com

If you're not about that liquid lipstick life, Stila also released quite a few other kits. The packaging on the ones containing eyeshadows are especially beautiful. Tara did a review on one of them recently.


The 'Color for Keeps Gift Set' is a great value set. All in all, I think these were great offerings from Stila this year.

On to some housekeeping:
  1. Did you see our new logo? Sweet nuh? Ren big up yuhself! #rep246
  2. This installment of #LipSwatchWeek hopefully will conclude today. I say hopefully because I planned to do the third post in the Vampy Lips series but my mout' inna state! And what's worse, I'm out of A+D ointment :'(
  3. Today's D Day for the 2nd Annual Barbados Natural Hair Health & Beauty Show. Alison is a great inspiration who has worked tirelessly on this project and she deserves every success. They'll be a lot of small business vendors you can meet and shop with. Check the flyer for more details.
2nd Annual Barbados Natural Hair Health & Beauty Show

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…