Skip to main content

Stash Status: Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon #LipSwatchWeek

In this post I showed the Bite Beauty Holiday Sets that I picked up recently. That post was void of swatches cause this one was coming. Cue #LipSwatchWeek.

Bite Beauty stash www.modenmakeup.com

Though I was first introduced to the brand via their Luminous Creme lipstick duos and then fell in love with their High Pigment Pencils; it is the Matte Lip Crayons that I have the most of. What I really appreciate is the deluxe sample sizes that are available in kits and sets ever so often. (Full size: 0.5 oz. $24USD, deluxe sample size: 0.31 oz. - exclusively at Sephora).

Bite says: "A creamy lip pencil that delivers a matte yet moist wash of color in twelve timeless shades. BITE's breakthrough formula offers premium triple-milled pigments that provide powdery-light, highly-pigmented payoff, while organic fruit butters, jojoba and castor oil leave lips baby-soft and hydrated.

Naturally derived orange peel wax is extracted from organic oranges and naturally protects and seals in moisture, all while providing a waterproof layer on the surface of lips".

Ingredients (dyes vary by shade)

"-Resveratrol (5mg): Acts as an antioxidant.
-Orange Peel Wax: Naturally protects and seals in moisture while providing a waterproof layer on the surface of lips.
-Organic Fruit Butters, Jojoba, and Castor Oil: Leave lips super-soft and hydrated.

Organic Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens wax, Jojoba wax, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Polyglyceryin-3, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Beeswax, Silica, Orange Peel Wax, Coco-Caprylate, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) wax, Natural flavor, Tocopherol, Trans-resveratrol, Vitis Vinefera (Grape) vine extract, Siraitia Grosvenorii (Monk Fruit Concentrate) (+/-) May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), FD&C Blue no. 1 (CI 42090), FD&C yellow no. 5 (ci 19140), fd&c yellow no. 6 (ci 15985), FD&C red no. 40 (ci 16035), D&C Red 6 (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)
".

So when I started prepping for this post this is what I was working with:

Sunny Barbados www.modenmakeup.com

but by lip swatch time it was pouring rain. So forgive the lack of direct sunlight in the following pictures.

'Amaretto'

Too pale to be worn alone on my complexion but can be made to work with a brown lip liner.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Amaretto' swatched www.modenmakeup.com
Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Amaretto' + L.A. Girl Endless Lip Liner 'Cocoa' swatched www.modenmakeup.com
Bite Beauty 'Amaretto' + L.A. Girl 'Cocoa'

'Cafe'

By the colour indicators on the packaging 'Cafe' and 'Amaretto' looked the same. Swatches revealed that 'Cafe' has a more pink undertone. On me, they look very similar thus I don't think it's necessary to have both. Here I also tried to tone down the starkness with a lip liner...though the official #LipSwatchWeek panel (lol s/o to Silas) still thinks it's too pale for me.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Amaretto' vs. 'Cafe' swatch www.modenmakeup.com
 'Amaretto' vs. 'Cafe' 

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Cafe' swatched www.modenmakeup.com
Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Cafe' + M.A.C Lip Liner 'Whirl' swatched www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]
'Cafe' + M.A.C 'Whirl' 

'Glace'

Natalie (Flowerbomb31) raves about this shade so I was pleased to see it in the Discovery Kit. It's in the same colour family as the previous ones but with a litte more mauve hence closer to my natural lip colour.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Glace' swatched www.modenmakeup.com

'Torte'

Not a shade I would have looked at had it not been in the Best Bite Rewind set but I'm glad I gave it a try.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Torte' swatched www.modenmakeup.com

'Cognac'

From the very first time I swatched this I knew it was something special. I don't have anything like this in my crazy lipstick collection (I think) and this is the sole reason why I wouldn't purchase NARS Audacious 'Deborah'. If you like dark lippies this is a must have.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Cognac' swatched www.modenmakeup.com

I think the best thing about #LipSwatchWeek is trying out new combos. Here is 'Amaretto' applied on top of a blotted 'Cognac'. The creamy nature of these Lip Crayons makes mixing shades effortless.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayons 'Amaretto' + 'Cognac' swatched www.modenmakeup.com
'Amaretto' + 'Cognac'

'Aubergine'

#fav ...but you knew that already. (One is currently available in The Marketplace).

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon 'Aubergine' swatched www.modenmakeup.com

I like how the sometime package the minis as ornaments. How cute.

Bite Beauty ornaments Holiday 2014 www.modenmakeup.com

Cuter still is the tin that the deluxe Matte Creme Lip Crayon kits come in. The lid houses a full sized mirror too!

Bite Beauty Best BITE Rewind Lip Kit Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com

From the swatches it's evident that these don't dry down to a flat matte like some liquid lipsticks. I don't mind that since it means they're very comfortable to wear. The darker shades like 'Aubergine' actually stain the lips so longevity is not a problem. The deluxe sizes are pocket/purse/handbag friendly and the caps seal securely. No soiling accidents await. The great ingredients are a definite plus.

Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayons swatched www.modenmakeup.com
L - R: 'Amaretto', 'Cafe', 'Glace', 'Torte', 'Cognac' and 'Aubergine'


Heartbeat Rose Gold Necklace compliments Dare 2 B Diff'rent #rep246 

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…