Skip to main content

Holiday Sets: Laura Mercier

Laura Mercier is one of my favourite brands. That's no news to you. I'm always very interested in whatever kits they release. Of course, this time of the year is when some of the best goodies are on the market. And boy did they do it; everything from the packaging up is just beautiful.

www.skybox.net image

Kiss of Colour Lip Glace Collection

Daring by Night Eye & Cheek Colour Palette

Glam to Go Cheek, Eye, & Lip Travel Case
Sweet Temptations Ambre Vanillé Luxe Body Collection

There's even more

From my most recent post you know I copped the Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio. This caught my eye immediately. After it was released on Sephora's website I did see a few reviews saying that it was too expensive for how little product it contained. This gave me pause.

Laura Mercier Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com
Laura Mercier Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com
Laura Mercier Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com
Laura Mercier Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com

I have a full size of the Baked Blush Bronze 'Ritual'. I can't rave about that enough; so having a mini back up appealed to me. The main product I really wanted to try is the Matte Radiance Baked Powder 'Highlight 01'. A full size contains 7.5 grams for $40USD. The Holiday trio basically has a little over one fourth of that amount in both 'Highlighting 01' and 'Bronze 03'. This kit was $58USD before tax but I did get it during the 20% off VIB sale. I'm not sure how they arrived at this being a $96 value but I think it was worth it to be able to try those two products. I honestly prefer everything in mini size now. Who goes through a whole highlighter anyways?

The other thing I have my lusty eyes on is the Matte-to-Metal Holiday Caviar Stick Colour Collection. I've said numerous times how much I love her Caviar Sticks and this kit has 'Khaki' which I wanna try as well as two new shades: 'Ganache' and 'Aubergine'.

Matte-to-Metal Holiday Caviar Stick Colour Collection

Check out the live swatches in this video:


If you're an eyeshadow palette fan take a look at Crystal's swatch video of the Sleek and Chic Eye Colour Palette.


I'm hoping to catch a good sale!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway #14 [CLOSED]

For the first time ever we linked a giveaway to a milestone. You can look back at our previous contests and see that things usually happened pretty routinely. Why? We love to shop! ...and shopping for others is always more fun 😁 All that to say, this one is very special because you made it happen. Thank you for taking the time to read what we share and then sharing with your beauty loving friends.

On to the good stuff...

Prize A


Kat Von D MetalMatte Eyeshadow PaletteLust Lashes 'Vanity' and 'Giselle'M.A.C mini lipsticks 'No Faux Pas' and 'Relentlessly Red'M.A.C Powder Blush 'Adobe Brick'M.A.C x Mariah Carey Extra Dimension Skinfinish 'My Mimi'Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel '11'No Bleeding Lips Secret Lip LinerUrban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (travel size) 'Zero'M.A.C x Star Trek Frost Lipstick 'Kling-It-On'Ardell Dual Lash ApplicatorM.A.C x Mariah Carey Lipglass 'Rainbow Interlude'M.A.C Pro Longwear Paint Po…

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…