Skip to main content

Sephora VIB Haul Holiday 2015

This year's damage wasn't not nearly as bad as last year. Not even close. That's mainly because I've already done quite a few Sephora hauls recently. Initially to document that process for this forum - customs duties and all; and then, well yuh know how it goes. To stay up to date on the monthly hauls check out my Keek profile. Imagine no one cares about Keek but Snapchat blew up. Ain't social media weird?

This year the discount was 20% off within a limited time frame. VIB Rouge was limited to one weekend, which made absolutely no sense to me but I ain't at that level so I wasn't worried. I knew I wanted one item for sure but a few others kinda snuck in.

Sephora VIB haul November 2015 www.modenmakeup.com

The Laura Mercier Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio was on my radar from the very first time I saw the promo images. I even posted them on our Facebook page. I'll be talking about that brand's Holiday Sets in the next post so I'll leave that breakdown for then.

Laura Mercier Blush & Glow Radiant Face Trio Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com

I'm just about out of my Truth Serum deluxe sized sample and figured this Ole Henriksen Merry & Bright Duo was the perfect opportunity to get another one. As I said in this post, I'm really liking the texture and finish of this product so I've decided to keep it in rotation.

Ole Henriksen Merry & Bright Duo Holiday 2015 www.modenmakeup.com

And the 'has she lost her $%^&*!+' mind purchase...

#RougeLouboutin

I swear, this wasn't on my radar for this sale. Sharalee and I had even recently discussed how insane it would be to purchase these 'sight unseen'. For that kinda money it's best to swatch first. Pun top of all of that these tings stay out of stock! Just my dumb luck I suppose...

Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lip Colour www.modenmakeup.com

I decided to stick to a nude colour since I'd get the most use of that type of shade.

Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lip Colour 'Zoulou' www.modenmakeup.com
'Zoulou 715M'

I still ain't even swatch it yet.

I also cashed in 250 points for this cute Tory Burch perfume sample.


So cute!

The 20% saved me $34.40USD before tax. Customs fees totalled $127.26BDS (VAT inclusive) and Laparkan's were $47.21BDS (VAT Inclusive).

A low buy is so in order for next year....bruh!

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway #14 [CLOSED]

For the first time ever we linked a giveaway to a milestone. You can look back at our previous contests and see that things usually happened pretty routinely. Why? We love to shop! ...and shopping for others is always more fun 😁 All that to say, this one is very special because you made it happen. Thank you for taking the time to read what we share and then sharing with your beauty loving friends.

On to the good stuff...

Prize A


Kat Von D MetalMatte Eyeshadow PaletteLust Lashes 'Vanity' and 'Giselle'M.A.C mini lipsticks 'No Faux Pas' and 'Relentlessly Red'M.A.C Powder Blush 'Adobe Brick'M.A.C x Mariah Carey Extra Dimension Skinfinish 'My Mimi'Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel '11'No Bleeding Lips Secret Lip LinerUrban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (travel size) 'Zero'M.A.C x Star Trek Frost Lipstick 'Kling-It-On'Ardell Dual Lash ApplicatorM.A.C x Mariah Carey Lipglass 'Rainbow Interlude'M.A.C Pro Longwear Paint Po…

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…