Skip to main content

Uh Bariffle Ah Empties

Bariffle - Bajan slang - meaning a whole lot; synonym for "nuff nuff". Here ends this evening's lesson.

Recently on Instagram I've been posting my empties. This is a YouTube fad that crossed over to other social media platforms where vloggers show what they've actually used up and share their thoughts. Sorta anti-consumerism, the ethos is to use up what you already have and inform others of what's worth spending their money on. I don't think it's stopped me from shopping altogether, as you can plainly see, but it has caused me to be more aware of the stash. And who can deny that satisfying feeling of finally getting to the bottom of something. Ahhhhhh.

Be sure to check out the links where applicable for more product information.

Bath & Body Works Gentle Foaming hand soaps www.modenmakeup.com

The most addictive scent from Bath and Body Works for me this year - really since last year - has been 'Black Cherry Merlot'. I try a lot of the seasonal ones that they release as well but that one is a staple.

Neutrogena Night Calming Cleansing Towelettes www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

I said in this post that I hadn't seen this 'Night Calming' on local counters in a while. Well good news, they're back in Paradise Beauty Supply, Broad Street.

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Towelettes www.modenmakeup.com
As seen in Paradise Beauty Supply

Body wash empties www.modenmakeup.com

My first time trying a Philosophy body wash and I gotta say, not all scents are created equal. I like this 'Raspberry Sorbet' but me and 'Vanilla Birthday Cake' didn't hit off. The other two products are standard instant repurchases.

Neom Luxury Organics Room Mist 'Tranquility' www.modenmakeup.com

I'm all about that aromatherapy life and this room mist right here is where it's at! Available locally from Pure Source Barbados. If you love lavender scents you will love this.

Lip product empties www.modenmakeup.com

Best lip treatment ever: rms beauty lip & skin balm 'simply vanilla'. Those L'Oreal Colour Riche Balms are nice if you like a sheer lip colour. Be careful if you're sensitive to SPF like me cause it is present in some shades.

Makeup empties www.modenmakeup.com

Absolutely in love with the Smashbox High Definition concealer.

Bath & Body Works empties www.modenmakeup.com

More hand soap empties equals more 'Black Cherry Merlot'. The thing I really wanna tell you about this picture is that I've found the majority of the Bath & Body works Wallflower refills to be very disappointing. Terrible scent 'throw' and it almost seems that they only work, if you can call it that, til about half way. The sole exception in my experience has been 'Twisted Peppermint'.

Bath & Body Works 3 Wick Candle 'Tailgate' www.modenmakeup.com

One day I'll do a Stash Status on my Bath & Body Works 3 Wick candles, til then just believe me that I have too many. This 'TailGate' one was nice. Scent description: "capture all the fun of tailgating on a fall afternoon in a blend of rich hickory, football leather and a touch of moss". I saw a good review of this scent here.

Oral care empties www.modenmakeup.com

The photo above is probably one of my favourites. I finally got the magic quartet together. That Rapid Relief Sensodyne has been in my life since I got my teeth professionally whitened last year. The sensitivity I experienced afterwards was unlike anything I have ever encountered before. Rapid Relief to the rescue. Thanks to my dentist Dr. Jefferson Clarke for that recommendation. He also put me on to the Act Total Care mouthwash. None of that awful burning a la Listerine.


My most recent empties photo compilation. Check the links below for my thoughts on these products:

Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash
Clarins SPF 40 Day Screen
REN Clean Skincare Clarimatte T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel.

What products have you finished recently?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…