Skip to main content

#FlashbackFriday I Got Purple Problems

Looking at the original post from August 2013 and I gotta say, not much has changed. In fact, some might say it's gotten much worse :/ Hey! Yuh like wha yuh like, right? Thankfully there's The Marketplace around now where I can sell or swap products that lured me in with their hypnotic shades but then didn't work for me. You can do that too btw.

In true #LipSwatchWeek form this post is all about purple lipsticks. Much to my horror I have more than I could swatch in one evening - my lips are still crying out - and even more that could be swatched on one of my arms. So you'll have to let me know if you want to see the rest of them another time.

Down to business...

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids '905 Brazen Berry'

This is the only shade from the Vivids range that I kept.

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids '905 Brazen Berry' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Sacha Cosmetics Intense Matte Lipstick 'Dem Trini Girlz'

Intense matte is right. This took some effort to apply evenly but the colour is gorgeous (y'all know I love all things vampy) and in the short time I had it on it stained my lips significantly. Thanks again Victoria! :)

Sacha Cosmetics Intense Matte Lipstick 'Dem Trini Girlz' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

black|UP Cosmetics '25'

I just checked their website and I don't see this colour listed. I did get this on sale in Cave Shepherd a while ago. This formula is so soft and so moisturizing I feel I gine gotta buy another to see if this is a fluke.
black|UP Cosmetics '25' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss 'Stunner'

I bought this at IMATS last year cause I hadn't seen them in Barbados yet. L.A. Girl was one of the first companies to bring an inexpensive liquid lipstick to the market. Look out for the next installment of the Liquid Lipstick comparison series to see my thoughts on this formula.

L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss 'Stunner' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

rms beauty lip shine 'royal'

Felt like Heaven on these battered puckers.

rms beauty lips shine 'royal' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick 'Matte Bittersweet'

This has more pink in it than I expect but it's still pretty. The formula, just like the original line, is outstanding.

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick 'Matte Bittersweet' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Longwear Liquified Lipstick 'Melted Fig'

This is so going in my next Pink/Mauve based nudes post. Hubba hubba!
#ShamelessPlug: if you're interested in trying this formula we have a few shades (not this one, sorry) available in The Marketplace.

Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Longwear Liquified Lipstick 'Melted Fig' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

M.A.C Matte Lipstick 'Evening Rendezvous'

Limited edition, sorry!

M.A.C Matte Lipstick 'Evening Rendezvous' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

bh Cosmetics Color Lock Long Lasting Matte Lipstick 'Blissful'

Heidi gimme dis so long and you could believe I only now swatching it? Sigh. This matte formula is silicone rich like the Maybelline Creamy Mattes so they're very comfortable on the lips.

bh Cosmetics Color Lock Long Lasting Matte Lipstick 'Blissful' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Lime Crime Velvetines 'Pansy'

It's a pity so much chaos surrounds this company cause these Velvetines are solid liquid lipsticks.

Lime Crime Velvetines 'Pansy' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Wunna ready for the madness now?

L - R: Maybelline '905 Brazen Berry', Sacha Cosmetics 'Dem Trini Girlz', black|UP Cosmetics '25', L.A. Girl 'Stunner', rms beauty 'royal', Urban Decay 'Matte Bittersweet', Too Faced Cosmetics 'Melted Fig', M.A.C 'Evening Rendezvous', bh Cosmetics 'Blissful', Lime Crime 'Pansy', Pretty Zombie Cosmetics '3 Witches', Stila 'Como', Kat Von D 'L.U.V', YSL '19 Fuchsia In Rage' and ColourPop 'Grind'.

And that ain't all :'(

Let me know what's your favourite purple lip product in the comments. Also search for #PurpleLipsChallenge on Instagram for plenty more photos of swatches on our skin tones.

Have a great weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask

Back at it 😊

I gotta be honest wid y'all, so far I like I ain't too fussy wid sheet masks yuh.

Anyho, details from the website:

"THE SUPER HYDRATING SHEET MASK - GLOW-BOOSTING

Product Information

Deeply hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance

This water-based hydrating sheet mask with Hyaluronic Acid, an ingredient naturally found in skin, floods skin with intense weightless hydration. Free of mineral oil and parabens, this non-greasy, intense glow-boosting formula, with Sakura extract, hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance.

Half a bottle of hydrating serum in 1 Garnier sheet mask

Delivers 24 hour long-lasting hydration

Helps prevent moisture loss throughout the day

Gives skin a luminous complexion and healthy looking radiance
Results: After 1 use -- skin is smoother and more luminous, complexion appears even and fresh
How To Use
1. Start with clean skin. Gently press the sheet mask on to the face with the blue side on top.

2. Peel off the blue film. …