Skip to main content

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes #LipSwatchWeek

From the site: "Now, lips slip into our creamiest matte. New mattifying cream pure pigments.

Why You'll Love It

The Creamy Mattes by Color Sensational® deliver a burst of bold color and a surge of creamy texture for the creamiest matte in 20 make-a-statement shades.

For Best Results

Apply in the center of your upper lip to the outer edges, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip. Can be worn under lip color
".

Of the 20 shades currently available I have five. I've seen them locally in Collins and Massy Stores. Each bullet contains .15 oz or 4.2 grams of product. A M.A.C lipstick contains 3 grams.

As seen in Collins, Broad Street
As seen in Massy Stores, Rendezvous

'665 Daringly Nude'

For those of you that like that pale lip look. I didn't like it so I had to mix this one with a brown lip liner. This can look chalky on the lips if you apply too much. I really had to blend it in with my finger to get it to mesh with the lipliner and look even.

Maybelline Creamy Matte '665 Daringly Nude' swatch www.modenmakeup.com
Maybelline Creamy Matte '665 Daringly Nude' swatch www.modenmakeup.com
Mixed with 'Brown' Italia Deluxe Ultra Fine Lip Liner


This is more my type of nude lip; it's also the first Creamy Matte that I purchased. No lip liner necessary. 

Maybelline Creamy Matte '660 Touch Of Spice' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Interestingly enough I was watching Emily's Top Ten for 2015 Lip Products video recently and she highly recommended mixing 'Daringly Nude' and 'Touch of Spice'.


'665 Lust For Blush'

This shade name seems to be a favourite for Maybelline; it's the same as a lip product in their Color Whisper line. Anyho, how I resisted buying this! I hardly wear pink lipstick but at one point it seemed like everyone I watched on YouTube was talking about it...and with good reason.

Maybelline Creamy Matte '665 Lust For Blush' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Imagine my glee to discover that mixing this with a plum lip liner results in shade a verrrrrrrrrry similar to my beloved Nars Audacious Vivien!

Maybelline Creamy Matte '665 Lust For Blush' swatch www.modenmakeup.com
Mixed with 'Plum' Italia Deluxe Ultra Fine Lip Liner

'681 Vibrant Violet'

I saw this shade in Big B and grabbed it without thinking twice...like I need another purple lipstick.

Maybelline Creamy Matte '681 Vibrant Violet' swatch www.modenmakeup.com

and finally cause I can't resist a vampy lip shade...

'695 Divine Wine'

This shade is something serious. It stains my lips so even after eating and drinking there's so much colour remaining.

Maybelline Creamy Matte '695 Divine Wine' swatch www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes swatches www.modenmakeup.com
Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes swatches www.modenmakeup.com

'Touch Of Spice' and 'Divine Wine' took the least number of passes to reach full opacity. I'd recommend thoroughly blending each layer into the lips with your finger or a brush before applying another. As I hope you can tell by the lip swatches, the lighter shades do show imperfections so I'd always suggest exfoliating your lips prior to application. This matte formula has more 'slip' read: silicone than say a M.A.C Retro matte one so they're far more comfortable to wear. As I've said before, Tara found these comparable to the Tom Ford Matte lipsticks. She's bought and tried a lot of lipsticks so I take her word for it. The lipsticks are slightly scented - it's the same scent as the other lines in the Color Sensational range - but that quickly dissipates. 

#ShamelessPlug the Italia Deluxe Ultra Fine Lip Liners are available for $10 from Moden Makeup :)

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…