Skip to main content

Best In Beauty 2015 (Repeats)

I thought long and hard on how to tackle this this year. For the last two years I've done Top Ten in specific categories; not bothering with that this toss for I am a creature of habit. Yes, I hauled a lot of new items last year but unless I had a comparison or overview post in mind I mainly stuck to 'ole faithfuls'. So that's how I'm bringing it to you: old faithfuls and then newbies. Check out the links provided for full details on products mentioned.

Clarins Ecran Multi-Protection SPF 40

I have a new sunscreen and I'm also trying to use up some samples but I can not tell you how many times I had to stop myself from picking this up in Cave Shepherd. Though I loathe the recent price increase I can not deny that it lasts for a very long time. That and its mattifying properties make it a clear winner in my book.


Last year this beat M.A.C Pro Longwear as my go-to liquid foundation. It's also the first foundation that I've totally used up. I love the air pump, the finish and the coverage of this product. It must be noted that I was working with the original formula; we'll see how the new one performs. 

black | Up Fluid Foundation www.modenmakeup.com


Of the setting sprays I compared in that post this one evolved as my favourite due to its dispenser and finish. I haven't tried the Skindinavia one I bought at IMATS yet so stay tuned for an update.

Smashbox High Definition Concealer 'Dark'

If you find one of these that matches your skintone you don't even need to buy foundation.


Imagine that a person that could hardly be bothered with eyeshadow actually enjoys pigments. Looka life...

Pigment swatches www.modenmakeup.com

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils

What can I say man; 'Junkie', 'Rockstar', 'Hustle' and 'Crave' are ruling my world.

NYX Nude Matte Shadow 'Dance The Tides'

Most used transition eyeshadow to date.

NYX Nude Matte Shadow 'Dance The Tides' www.modenmakeup.com

Lancome Cils Booster

Taking all mascaras from zero to HERO.

Lancome Cils Booster www.modenmakeup.com


The best. The end.

rms beauty lip & skin balm 'simply vanilla' www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]


I really appreciate a flexible synthetic powder brush. 


Still going strong. 


The packaging/dispenser is a total winner here and those 2 fl. oz. just seem to last forever!


This polish like it bewitch me yuh...

Essie 'A Cut Above' and 'Feed Me' www.modenmakeup.com
Essie 'A Cut Above' + Orly 'Rage'


I've told you about my troubles with increased migraines recently but what I didn't tell you was how much deep breathing and aromatherapy is helping me combat it. Lavender fans this is for us.


Without a doubt the most repurchased item of 2015.

Bath and Body Works haul www.modenmakeup.com

What tried and true products did you continue to use throughout 2015? Let's discuss it in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Sheet Mask

Back at it 😊

I gotta be honest wid y'all, so far I like I ain't too fussy wid sheet masks yuh.

Anyho, details from the website:

"THE SUPER HYDRATING SHEET MASK - GLOW-BOOSTING

Product Information

Deeply hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance

This water-based hydrating sheet mask with Hyaluronic Acid, an ingredient naturally found in skin, floods skin with intense weightless hydration. Free of mineral oil and parabens, this non-greasy, intense glow-boosting formula, with Sakura extract, hydrates, illuminates and enhances skin's radiance.

Half a bottle of hydrating serum in 1 Garnier sheet mask

Delivers 24 hour long-lasting hydration

Helps prevent moisture loss throughout the day

Gives skin a luminous complexion and healthy looking radiance
Results: After 1 use -- skin is smoother and more luminous, complexion appears even and fresh
How To Use
1. Start with clean skin. Gently press the sheet mask on to the face with the blue side on top.

2. Peel off the blue film. …