Skip to main content

#FlashbackFriday My Favourite Ridiculously Expensive Products (Update)

In May 2014, I did my entry for this tag created by LisaLisaD1. Thankfully I still love everything mentioned there but I thought it would be nice to update the list. Please click on the links provided to see more information on the respective product.

***Please note: all US prices quoted are before shipping and taxes***

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - $20USD

Y'all must be so sick of hearing me rave about these but I can't help it. $20 isn't the most expensive thing but when you consider that L'Oreal and Rimmel London have some amazing coloured eye pencils as well you might see things different. The Urban Decay ones excel in the packaging department; the cap fits securely on the pencil so they don't dry out.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils www.modenmakeup.com


Another horse I've flogged to death. Available locally at Pure Source Barbados for $78BDS DP and $62.50BDS DF


I fully intend to try the NYX and L'Oreal eyelash primers but for now this one has my heart. I believe the local price in Cave Shepherd is $66BDS

Wayne Goss Brush 19 - $27USD

This is a new addition to my collection but I can already tell you it's the softest thing that ever graced my eyelid. Better than my M.A.C 217 and Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer. Available from Beautylish

Wayne Goss Brush 00 and 19 www.modenmakeup.com
Wayne Goss Brush 00 and 19 (brown hair)


'Irresistible' is like my heart beat. Since I did that overview post Estee Lauder has expanded the colour range and I. Want. More. Available locally from Cave Shepherd for $78BDS LP (last I checked). I've bought nine of these for myself and others so wha dah telling you?

#ShamelessPlug one full sized 'Desirable' is available in The Marketplace.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipsticks www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

NARS Audacious Lipsticks - $32USD

I've bought eight of these for myself and others. 

Before I had one I remember asking multiple Beauty Vloggers what is the difference between this formula and the aforementioned Estee Lauder one. No one really gave me a solid answer. Now that I've tried both for myself I can tell you: the NARS ones are a thicker formula so there's no need to layer the product to reach full opacity. When I say thick I don't mean that in a bad way; there's no heavy feeling on the lips. 

If you are anywhere round my complexion 'Vivien' is a must own.

NARS Audacious Lipsticks www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]


Beautiful. Just beautiful.


Anytime my skin is acting up I reach for this bad boy. Available locally from Pure Source Barbados for $135BDS DP or $111.20BDS DF.

REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

Dr. Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant - $79USD

Not for those with sensitive skin; this is a clear case of 'tried a sample and was hooked'.  

Dr. Brandt Skincare Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant www.modenmakeup.com


Grown and sexy if yuh please. The only place I've seen this locally is in the Departure Lounge of G.A.I.A for $210BDS.

[Click photo to shop]

Let me know your splurge worthy items in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…