Skip to main content

Beauty Breakdown Series - Fixer Upper

Hi Mavenz!

I like to call my method of application and the tools I use to achieve the look the beauty breakdown.

When I get the opportunity to relax and really enjoy doing my makeup, the results are always favourable. 

I absolutely love minimal. Clean even skin, a wash of colour on the eyes and a luscious pair of falsies. Lips? Moden Cosmetics of course!

So, here's the beauty breakdown for this look, which I created in about an hour. It can be done in a shorter time frame of course but then, why rush a good thing? Some people get massages, some people go fishing; I make my face up. Boom!


Eyes:
L A Girl Pro Conceal Fawn
MAC Studio Fix Concealer - NW40
Urban Decay Smoked Palette
The Balm 'Nude Tude' Palette
Inglot Gel Liner #77
Urban Decay Liner Pencil 'Perversion'
Maybelline Great Lash 

Brows:
Gabriella Pencil
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomades (Chocolate & Ebony)
MAC Studio Fix Concealer - NW40
Anastasia #12 Spoolie & Angled Brush

Face:
Estee Lauder Double Wear - New Truffle & Sandalwood
MAC Studio Fix Powder - NC50 & NW48
Ben Nye Luxury Powders- Topaz & Chestnut
La Femme Blush
Fashion Fair Shimmer Powder

Lips:
Moden Cosmetics - Midnight Matte Liquid Lipstick
Generic Black Eyeliner

That's it. Have a great Monday Mavenz!

Xoxo
Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…