Skip to main content

First Post for 2016 | Black Opal True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation Review

Gooooood Morning #Mavenz

Happppppy New Year!!

Thank you for all the love and well wishes!! Baby Moden is happy, healthy and so so beautiful. The process and journey were long, painful and very difficult but God is good and faithful. 

Baby Moden - Aniyah
So here we are in 2016, already the middle of February (yikes) and we have so many plans for this and next year! 

One of my biggest goals is to blog more. I know I know I always say I will but while writing comes easily for me, I find blogging a bit tedious. So as Lucinda said in her Motivation post, encourage us please.

Onto the meat of the matter! The Black Opal True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation is ZEE BOMB DIGGITY!!

Queenii Rozenblad used and reviewed it to a point in this video and I sat there thinking this lady has skin like buttah; my cart road, pore dented face will scoff at this foundation. I'm sticking to my Estee Lauder Double Wear. 

I was so so very wrong. 

Such great coverage!
This one I bought from #1 Beauty Supply on St. Michael's Row for about $20BBD which was perfect budget wise. I love my Estee but you know that itch you get to try new products? I had that and no Estee $$ in sight soooo I gave in. 

Pros:

Flawless Finish with or without setting spray or powder
Easy to apply (brush, Beauty Blender or hands)
Colours are true to skin and swatches
It has a pump!
Formula is not runny
Minimally transfers
No smell/fragrance
Suitable for oily or dry skin
Does not give the usual high yellow tone BO stick foundations give.
MOM is this foundation's bff. (Shocker I know)
Lasts a good 12-15 hours with touch ups, no joke.
It minimises the appearance of pores, for reals!

With Primer, Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Setting spray and baby glow.

Cons:

May transfer if you sweat profusely
Warming on back of hand results in staining (use a makeup remover wipe to get this sucker off)
Random men offer you compliments on being a 'sweet darkie'. Buddy dis hay is Black Opal!

Still not convinced? Go buy and try at $20BBD, cause what do you have to lose?? I'd say not much. And if you're not satisfied email us at modenmakeup@gmail.com or heidi@modenmakeup.com. The Moden Makeup Marketplace is your go to for buying, selling and swapping new and gently used makeup, cosmetics and tools!!

So glad to be back! 
Have a great day and weekend!!

Xoxo
Heidi
True to colour.
Looks great even with a light beat

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…