Skip to main content

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer Review

Hi #Mavenz

When I was a teenager I believed in St. Ives Apricot Scrub. In hindsight, the skincare selection of products that was affordable to a product ravenous teenager was minimal. 

That being said I was overjoyed to find this gem by the popular brand.

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer www.modenmakeup.com

Trying and applying new skincare is always a must in our line of work. Both Lucinda and I strive to keep up with the trends and test out products at the risk of losing the battle of the breakout. So when I saw this in Beauty Exchange, Wildey not only was I excited since it indicated that it is non comedogenic but relieved as the price was suitable for my budget. Since it retailed at about $20BBD, this large tub of cool, refreshing, mildly scented and moisturizing goodness was more than welcome. Due to my pregnancy (at the time) my skin was experiencing a drought out of this world. 

This time I took a skincare gamble and won!

Here's what it looks like straight out of the receptacle and unblended into the skin:

St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Moisturizer swatch www.modenmakeup.com

Pros

Highly emollient
Clean fresh fragrance
Non greasy 
Plumps skin
Acts as a prep for face primer
Good for all skin types 
Non comedogenic
Leaves skin feeling soft
Lasts forever and a day

Cons

Use too much and you have to wait for the skin to absorb it (approximately 10/15 minutes)

Serious tings! I cannot find any other issues with this lotion. I have also noticed improvements in the appearance of my skin as it relates to the porosity as well as the moisture level.

One point that we always note is that skincare is NOT a one size fits all process. However this price is so unbeatable that if it doesn't work on the face, please try it on your body. It's fabulous on the feet and hands as well. Triple threat!

Try after you buy this time; I promise major satisfaction!

Xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…