Skip to main content

Revisit | First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser

Hello lovely #Mavenz

I am always on the hunt for affordable and appealing skincare. My routine is very simple and usually effective. Cleanse, tone, moisturise AND apply some good old Carmex lip balm.

On my last trip to NYC I needed a mild but acne fighting/clearing face wash. So I bought the FAB Pure Skin Cleanser. Here in Barbados my skin sucks. I breakout when I: sweat, eat chocolate, go
to the beach; man whatever I do, I bump up. In colder climates I wake up flawless! So, my goal for 2016 is to achieve clear even toned skin. Yessss!!

So the 1 oz was my beat after IMATS last year and let me tell you, the PROS? Major!

Claim to Fame: 
W/ FAB Antioxidant Booster
Remove:
Surface Oils
Makeup
Dirt
Grime
Safe for Sensitive Skin

PROS:
It really does remove all of my makeup
It doesn't break me out
Has a pleasant fragrance
My skin feels ultra clean 
It's inexpensive!! ($20USD from Sephora)

Cons:
Can be drying around my nose
If it goes up my nostrils it burns like heck (don't ask how it happened it just did)
Not available locally (but you CAN order and ship to a box like Aeropost etc.)

So it is a must have!!! One of my favourite cleansing products of all time.

You never know, we may bring in a few sometime. (Wink wink)

Xoxo
Heidi.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…