Skip to main content

My Current Fave Face Creators

Hi #Mavenz

Baby is asleep so I can chat for a bit!!!

Hope all is well, we have a few irons in the fire... We hope that you are ready for #ModenCosmetics big public launch. We hosted one for our MUA/enthusiast friends recently but this one is especially for you. So stay locked to this space!

Onto the juice!

Snapchat screenshot - www.modenmakeup.com

If you follow us on Snapchat - @modenmakeup - you would have seen the photo above. I also placed it on Instagram.

That foundation I am yet to use on myself BUT I believe in it already and I'll get to the why in a hot minute.

Let's start with the Ben Nye Final Seal.

We live in the tropics. So skin prep and finish are paramount. Want to look like you were overhauling an engine 15 minutes after you apply your makeup? Well all you have to do is skip primer and setting spray. In my humble opinion our climate is really not suited to most liquid foundations. Creams (bb or otherwise are more feasible). However, since most of our followers and people we encounter in general barely drink water much less moisturise, it's a good thing they DO use a liquid foundation. So a few spritzes of this very strongly scented, highly alcoholized but effective product after primer and on completion of the entire face can offer makeup longevity of an additional maybe 2/3 hours of wear. Not bad if you're a face melt queen like me 😩 #theheatstruggle


Buy it. I usually use about three different shades of this BUT that's because I'm extra and like to look like Queen Powdereen lol.

This is what I set my foundation with using a powder brush, Beauty Blender or powder puff. It locks in my foundation while adding colour if the balance is off (I try many foundations) and it really does mattify the skin. All plusses!! So I use it on my highlighted areas as well as my 'skintone' areas if that makes sense.


Well heyyyyyyy melting spray come thrruuuu!

Now I have found that while this takes down/softens the powdery effect of loose/pressed powder products, if I overdose I look like I bathed in Olive Oil after application. Boooooo! So while I still apply a generous amount I tend to apply the Ben Nye Final Seal IMMEDIATELY after spraying my face with this. My skin then looks glowy and healthy and beautiful! 

And now my beloved Milani Conceal & Perfect

I am buying ALL of these foundations for my kit. They are water resistant, the colouration is spot on and there is a wide range of shades suitable to most complexions. If yours does not match to a T, buy two and mix. Super simple, super effective; I promise great results! It blends beautifully and adds a soft glow to the skin that is undeniably natural looking. 

Hope this helps! And as usual if you have any questions or comments or if you have tried any of the products mentioned link us down below.

Xoxo
Heidi

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Summer Standouts

It feels strange to talk about beauty products with all that's going on in the Caribbean. Our neighbours are going through some seriously trying times and I implore you to give whatever you can. 🙏

I didn't even realise that this was a running theme. Last year's was especially good since it featured some of my favourite combinations. Like last year, makeup seems to have taken a backseat this Summer.


There's only one item here that surprised me...but let me not get ahead of myself.
Y'all know exfoliators are a must in my skin and body care routine so the Bath & Body Works 'Lavender & Sandalwood' Clay Body Scrub and Coco Shea 'Coconut' Richly Nourishing Body Buff (thanks to the Mistress!) should come as no real shocker. Both smell amazing; again no shocker since regular readers know I'm a firm aromatherapy believer. Visit Inyouvations in Sheraton for all your Bath & Body Works products. Continuing on the Bath & Body Works train, the…