Skip to main content

Travel Essentials | Skincare

I always overpack. What about you? I don't know where I got it from but I always take more clothes than I actually need when I'm going anywhere. Since I've seriously gotten into makeup I tend to overpack those kinda items too...but we'll get into that in another post.

One area that've become proficient in though is skincare. I've realised that even if I'm just going to another Caribbean country I can't lagg when it comes to skincare because that dry recycled airplane air and my skin are not friends. We doan gree. So I doan play.

Below are the skincare items I don't travel without. Conveniently I currently have the majority of them in samples sizes but when I don't I decant my full sized bottles so I can take these things in my carry on. Something else to note: if I'm going to the US I usually head to a drugstore to get a pack of makeup remover wipes, cotton pads and a face cleanser, so I don't always bring those items from home.

Skincare Travel Essentials - www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

As Heidi would say, the breakdown:

Cleanser - Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild. This probably came in a value set. It's not something I'd purchase full size. Clinique recommends it for dry combination skin types and that's definitely what travelling makes my skin feel like.

Exfoliator - REN Micro Polish Cleanser. Y'all gotta be tired hearing me rave about this.

Toner - Clarins Lotion Tonique with Iris and thisworks in transit no traces. The later could also be used as a makeup remover but I think it's too expensive to waste like that. I love to travel with toner pads though; they're so convenient. If you don't want to take the whole container put a few in a ziplock bag. 

Moisturizing Lotion - REN T-zone Balancing Day Fluid. While I might skip moisturizing in Barbados, I don't make that mistake ova and away. This one is especially good for oily skin since it's so light weight.

Moisturizing Oil - Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil. These types of oils are such multi taskers and very often act as skin saviours in dry conditions.

SPF - Paula's Choice Resist Youth-Extending Daily Mattifying Fluid. This product is relatively new to my lineup but SPF is not. Doesn't matter which one you choose, (well, it kinda does) just use one. So far I'm a fan of this offering from Paula's Choice cause it's the thinnest SPF formula I ever tried. The Clarins one I talked about is still my favourite though...for now.


Cuticle Cream - Burt's Bees Lemon Butter. This could be seen as a lil extra but I know for sure that it works wonders in those cold brisk winds. The rms lip & skin balm could be used in its place though.

Serum - Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex. That sample bottle is practically empty. The other one I have is the new formula. p.s. I often use this in the day as well.

Eye Cream - Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex. I'm not faithful to any eye cream since I believe you could just put your regular face cream everywhere but hey, have sample will use it.

I realised something was missing from this picture when I looked back at it...

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

The Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster is another serum I use both day and night. In the day it works great as a makeup primer due to its high glycerin content. Vitamin C also boosts the potency of SPF.

By no means do you have to use these exact products. Of course, you have to know what works best for your skin type. Let us know your skincare must haves in the comments.

If you're looking for travel sized containers for lotions, hair products or whatever Collins usually has a few options.

Bodico Travel Pouch with Containers and Labels - www.modenmakeup.com
Bodico Refillable Bottles - www.modenmakeup.com
Bodico Refillable Bottles - www.modenmakeup.com
Bodico Refillable Squeeze Bottles - www.modenmakeup.com
As seen in Collins

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…