Skip to main content

The Makeup Show New York Beauty Tour

May like it does be rough for me and blogging...I dunno why but I am having the toughest time getting back into the swing of things. Irony is, May 21 marked three years that this blog has been going. Take a look back at the very first post here.

On to business...

I'm still going to tell you about my Makeup Show experience but I believe the Beauty Tour deserves its own post. Please check out our Instagram page for the videos I posted along the way. I first must thank Sharalee for even telling me about the Beauty Tour. When I purchased my tickets for The Makeup Show I did notice that there were additional classes that you could pay to attend but I didn't really look through the events. It was Sharalee who brought this one to my attention. So I called, added this to the itinerary and they promptly got their $55USD.

Mr. James Vincent wanted to share his favourite beauty places and brands to shop in NYC. We were taken to M.A.C 7 W 22nd Street, Inglot, Sephora Meatpacking District, NARS 413 Bleecker, OCC and then the Make Up For Ever Boutique.

Prepare for picture overload.

M.A.C Pro Studio Tour - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Charlotte Olympia Collection - www.modenmakeup.com
Sharalee and I TMSNYC Beauty Tour - www.modenmakeup.com
The mirrors in this Studio are huge!

M.A.C Future M.A.C Collection - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Fall 2016 Trend Forecast - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 - www.modenmakeup.com

Inglot Perfumes - www.modenmakeup.com
I didn't even know Inglot made perfumes

Inglot Eyeshadows - www.modenmakeup.com
Inglot Sparkling Dusts - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour - www.modenmakeup.com
Gifts!

NARS 413 Bleecker Street - www.modenmakeup.com
NARS Pro Artist, Jenny Smith taking us through the paces of the runway demo
Before

NARS 413 Bleecker Street - www.modenmakeup.com
After 

 NARS Orgasm Limited Edition Super Size - www.modenmakeup.com
NARS 413 BLKR Collection 2016 - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 - www.modenmakeup.com
and there was champagne!

TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 - www.modenmakeup.com
Cheese!

OCC Nail Lacquers - www.modenmakeup.com
OCC Brushes - www.modenmakeup.com

TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 - www.modenmakeup.com
Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencils - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour - www.modenmakeup.com
Israeli MUA, Esterique Aidan fixing up James' eyebrows

Cheesin' with THE James Vincent - www.modenmakeup.com
Sharalee, James and I 

In a word: amazing. The New York history lessons from James, meeting other makeup lovers who also came from far (Trinidad and Nigeria even), talking to the Pros - especially Lori Taylor Davis, Smashbox's Global Pro Lead Artist - , the hospitality everyone extended to us...just amazing. Most retailers offered some manner of discount to all patrons while others just honoured their Pro discounts for those who qualified. OCC was the most impressive since they gave us 40% off storewide.

Did I mention that they also gave us gifts?

TMSNYC Beauty Tour Swag - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 Inglot Gifts - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 Make Up For Ever Gifts - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 Sephora Gifts - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 M.A.C Gifts - www.modenmakeup.com
TMSNYC Beauty Tour 2016 Smashbox, Kat Von D, OCC and NARS Gifts - www.modenmakeup.com

Inglot killed it.

Anytime this Tour is available I suggest you get on that bus!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…