Skip to main content

Collective M.A.C Haul

Y'all know of my ups and downs with M.A.C; they still make quite a few of my favourite products but they've discontinued a few too. I'm an avid collector of their lipsticks in special packaging but I still think they put out a ridiculous amount collections each year.

Gotta hand it to the M.A.C Barbados Staff though, it's their customer service that keeps me coming back. Thus, here we are:

M.A.C haul - www.modenmakeup.com
  • All The Right Angles Contour Palette 'Dark' / Cream Colour Base 'Improper Copper'
  • Mineralize Skinfinish / Natural 'Naturally Enhanced'
  • Mineralize Skinfinish 'Perfectly Lit'
  • Vibe Tribe Satin Lipstick 'Hot Chocolate'
  • Vibe Tribe Gleamtones Powder 'Dunes At Dusk'
  • Zac Posen Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed
  • Chris Chang Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed
  • Chris Chang Matte Lipstick 'Plum Princess'
Special packaging is the devil ennit?

I'm still warming up to the new Mineralize packaging - even the boxes got a makeover - but I really couldn't resist these powders. Initially I didn't realise that some were regular Skinfinishes and the others have that shimmer.

M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish haul - www.modenmakeup.com
Mineralize Skinfinish Natural 'Naturally Enhanced' swatch - www.modenmakeup.com
'Naturally Enhanced'
Mineralize Skinfinish 'Perfectly Lit' swatch - www.modenmakeup.com
'Perfectly Lit'

The largest swatch is the product blended together. 'Naturally Enhanced' would work as a bronzer on me. I'm a big fan of the Skinfinish Natural formula and this feels the same. These are still available at local counters and I highly recommend that you check them out before they're gone. 

I know I said recently that I don't think contour palettes are unnecessary but uuuhhhhh y'all see this Cream Colour Base?

All The Right Angles Contour Palette 'Dark' - www.modenmakeup.com
All The Right Contour Palette 'Dark' and Cream Colour Base 'Improper Copper' swatch - www.modenmakeup.com

Yeah. I need that on my face. Thanks Vandana! M.A.C recently restocked this shade 'Dark' on their website and it's 30% off. Cop that.

Special packing shall be my undoing...

M.A.C Special Packing - www.modenmakeup.com

 ...so much so that I got two of the same product. In my defense, I didn't know that Chris Chang was coming to Barbados.

M.A.C Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder Pressed - www.modenmakeup.com

And then lipsticks, well, that just had to happen. You'll see swatches in the next #LipSwatchWeek segment.

M.A.C 'Hot Chocolate' and 'Plum Princess' - www.modenmakeup.com


So yeah... still a M.A.C fan. If you are too make sure you're following us on Facebook and Instagram cause we post as soon as we have the scoop. Speaking of scoop, M.A.C Techniques are coming back!

Let us know what you've picked up recently in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…