Skip to main content

#Anti-Haul | What I'm Not Gonna Buy

To find out what anti-hauls are all about and who inspired me to post my own please read the first installment. There very well might be an anti-haul every month at the rate these beauty companies are going.

Kevyn Aucoin The Neo-Bronzer 'Siena' - $58USD

Beautylish.com image

This is another item that I really had my eyes on. I mean, just look at it! Reality is though that since the products aren't separated in the pan they'll most likely just muddle together. And if I want a highlight/blush/bronzer product in one - that black people most likely can only really use as a blush - I already have 'Ritual' from Laura Mercier. Sigh. It's pretty though.

Becca Backlight Priming Filter - $38USD

Beautylish.com image

I took a sample of this with me to New York and when I tried it I was immediately impressed. I dunno if it was just because it was chilly and my skin was dry or the fact that the product wasn't a greasy shiny mess. Having the word 'light' in the title threw me off and I was kindda expecting the worst. Still, I'm not gonna part with all that money. 1. I heard Stephanie Nicole say the L'Oreal Lumi is very similar and secondly. Becca ain't acting so right these days. These brands dun get more than enough of our money man.

Jeffree Star Skin Frosts - $29USD

'King Tut'
Beautylish.com image

What am I gonna do with 15 grams of highlighter? Notwithstanding my reluctance to put any more of my money in this man's pocket. No. Just, no.

Surratt Beauty Artistique Face Brush - $230USD

Sephora.com image

I'm sure this brush is fantastic but the most I'm spending on a brush is Chikuhodo Z1. Troy Surratt you keep your expensive tools soul. Laura Lee recently did a video about this particular brush.


Christian Louboutin Loubilaque Lip Lacquer - $85USD

Rouge Louboutin
Sephora.com image

Oh Louboutin, how they catch our eyes with pretty packaging. Sigh. When the promo pictures for this released I thought it was a liquid lipstick; I was gonna get one to add to the plenty others that I'm yet to review. But alas, it's a lip gloss. And if recent reviews are to be believed, they smell terrible and some colours are patchy. Here's Tati's thoughts on the line:



$85 for a lip gloss. Yeah, you tried it.

Let us know what new beauty products you have your eye on in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…