Skip to main content

Faves In Five | June 2016

Half the year gone. "Time waits on no man."

Jessup Tapered Highlighter Brush

This was a prize from the I Heart Makeup Class that Heidi and I attended last year and I'm very happy to have it. It's great for applying both subtle and WOWZAH highlighters and it washes up well.

Jessup Tapered Highlighter Brush - www.modenmakeup.com

Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener

A recent purchase that I've already cracked into. It definitely hardens my nails but I think the gold flakes are just there to look pretty.

Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener - www.modenmakeup.com
Sally Hansen 18K Gold Hardener - www.modenmakeup.com

L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil

"This shower oil transforms, when in contact with water, into a delicate foam that gently cleanses the body. Lather and massage in the shower and rinse." All that and it smells amazing.

L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil - www.modenmakeup.com

O.P.I Expert Touch Lacquer Remover

This just might be my favourite nail polish remover.

O.P.I Expert Touch Lacquer Remover - www.modenmakeup.com

O.P.I Crystal File

I bought the mini version of this some time ago and it doesn't hold a candle to the real deal. If you wear your natural nails - I mean without acrylic or gel overlay -  a crystal nail file is a must.

O.P.I Crystal File - www.modenmakeup.com

Let us know your recent favourites in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…