Skip to main content

Five Things I Always Do

Do ideas come to you in the shower too? Please let me know I'm not the only one...anyho, it dawned on me the other day that I've never posted Skincare Routine. That's partially because I'm still trying to find an ultimate dream team of products - cause I'm often trying something new and the other part is I really do believe that finding what works is a personal journey. While I may recommend things, I have no guarantee they would work for anyone else. I do have certain must have categories and I've done many product raves on skincare favourites. Maybe I'll have it all together some day.

In the interim I wanted to document some practises I always follow that coincidentally relate to skincare.

1. 'Cream' my feet at night

Is it only in Barbados that every moisturizer/lotion/body butter is called cream or is that a Caribbean thing? At any rate, this is a must do to maintain soft feet. Everytime I get a pedicure I'm always told that I'm the easiest client they ever had. For extra softness: sleep in socks. I know that may not be too popular in this Buhbaydus heat but trust that if you can keep up with this your feet will thank you. This step in your night time routine is also great since it's technically a mini massage and we all know that massages boost blood circulation.

Kyrisee's Essentials Shea Butter Body Butter - www.modenmakeup.com

2. Use two different types of toner

I'm sure I've mentioned this before; this is especially recommended for oily skin types and/or persons trying to rid themselves of hyperpigmentation. I used a "softer" brightening or clarifying toner in the day and a serious resurfacing/exfoliating toner at night.

Pixi Glow Tonic - www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

3. Mask once a week

Whether is a clay or charcoal mask for purifying or a chemically exfoliating one, I get to masking at least once a week. If you have dry or aging skin I'd recommend a hydrating mask.

REN Clean Skincare Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask - www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]
Available locally from Pure Source Barbados

4. Keep my cuticles moisturized

I already talked this to death.

[Click photo to shop]

5. Use a Vitamin C Serum

I've already stated here how Vitamin C assists with the clearing of hyperpigmentation. I've heard from Stephanie Nicole that Vitamin C also boost the potency of sunscreen. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu Vitamin C Brightening Serum - www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster - www.modenmakeup.com
[Click photo to shop]

Let us know your 'must do' skincare tips in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…