Skip to main content

#Anti-Haul | What I'm Not Gonna Buy

True to form; new month, new anti-haul. Read up on this series here.

Lancome Juicy Shaker - $21USD

'Mint To Be'
Sephora.com image

This almost had me in Saks Fifth Avenue but when I swatched 'Mint To Be' absolutely no pigment was visible. I know they're supposed to be sheer but I saw literally no colour. Then I swatched one when I saw some had finally reached Barbados.

Lancome Juicy Shakers - www.modenmakeup.com
Seen in Cave Shepherd, Broad Street

Out of the 17 shades offered we only got seven...and they're $53BDS DP a pop. By that time I'd already seen Emily Noel and a few other beauty vloggers say that although these are pigment in oil, much like the YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil, they're actually quite drying. Whey dey do dat at?

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits Shimmering Skin Perfector Mineral Blush Duo - $38USD

'Prosecco Pop / Pamplemousse'
Sephora.com image

*yawn*
Read how I feel about these YouTuber collaborations here. The packaging does look gorgeous though.

Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick - $46USD

'Walnut'
Sephora.com image

Y'all know I love the majority of Hourglass products that I have tried but they gotta miss me with this one. $46USD for 0.25 oz. of foundation? Ber? The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick is the same price for 0.31 oz. Better yet, the IMAN Second To None Foundation Stick is $16USD for 0.28 oz.
And when yuh check all those glowing reviews on Sephora.com it's from people who got the Foundation Stick and accompanying Vanish Foundation Brush - also $46USD - fuh free! Nah son.

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops - $42USD

'Sunlight'
Sephora.com image

These liquid highlighters got YouTube and Instagram in an uproar. The swatches legit look like liquid metal. I just can't get with the price for just 0.5 fl. oz. but then when you look at how little you need; when would any average makeup wearer ever get through a bottle of that? Now a mini set wid all the shades I would be down with...but until then I'll pass.

Erin Condren LifePlanners


By the time you get a fully tricked out one of these you could be well over $100USD. It seems as though the possibilities are endless: personalized covers, customized coils, layouts and then yuh must get the stickers and tape right? Nope. Nopity, nope, nope nope. I like a good note book just as much as the next lass and that's why I love T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. Cheap and sweet. 

YouTube does really mek people buy into a lot of *censored*

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…