Skip to main content

Pencil Eyeliner Declutter

Or is really a collection post? Hhhhhmmmm

I have an affinity for pencil eyeliners. Maybe it's because gels scare me or liquid liners does gimme licks. Whatever the cause, I enjoy using them. Apparently I enjoy purchasing them even more.

Pencil Eyeliner stash - www.modenmakeup.com

This isn't a good thing cause as with all cream products, these things can dry out before you get to use them. What I'm trying to say is: no one needs all these pencil eyeliners. That said, I don't think I'll stop. Hold on. I have a reason. I prefer using these to powder eyeshadow. So that gives me a lil ease right?

I recommend pulling out your collection and having a swatch party ever so often. It really puts things into perspective.

Pencil Eyeliner stash swatches (blue) - www.modenmakeup.com
Pencil Eyeliner stash swatches (green) - www.modenmakeup.com
Pencil Eyeliner stash swatches (purple) - www.modenmakeup.com
Pencil Eyeliner stash swatches (gold) - www.modenmakeup.com
Pencil Eyeliner stash swatches (brown) - www.modenmakeup.com
Pencil Eyeliner stash swatches (black) - www.modenmakeup.com

I thought I had more purple eyeliners than anything else. And who needs so many black ones? Sigh.

The most disappointing were from that Marc Jacobs mini set. I've heard that his Highliner Gel formula has since been reformulated but at $25USD a pop I ain't inclined to find out. It must be noted that I mostly use this type of product on my upper lash line and not my waterline so longevity isn't an issue for me.

There were a lot of outstanding performers here: my first Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On pencils that are still creamy after all this time, the Avon Glimmersticks that are cheap and sweet and also cheap and sweet are the L.A. Girl Glide and Wet n' Wild ColorIcon formulas. The Ardency Inn Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliners are impressive; I'd like to try some fun colours. There's a black in there from Too Faced that made me gasp. Lastly, I gotta shout out the MVPs: Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour.

Pencil Eyeliner stash - www.modenmakeup.com

After I piled all my eyeliners and eyeshadow sticks together it really looked like I shouldn't buy another one ever again. But we know better.

Throwing away:

Pencil Eyeliner Declutter - www.modenmakeup.com

Absolutely no pigment transferred when I swatched that Marc Jacobs one. That e.l.f liner is as old as the hills, and that other thing always used to give me grief to wind up and the cap is broken. I can't be bothered.

Giving away:

Pencil Eyeliner Declutter - www.modenmakeup.com

Nothing is wrong with these products I just have no use for so many black, brown and grey pencils. The brown is gorgeous but a Smashbox one I have is very similar. I'm not so sure why I thought a silver eyeliner was a good idea.

Most excited to use:

New Pencil Eyeliners - www.modenmakeup.com

These Ilia eyeliners and eyeshadow stick are new to my collection. I'm hoping that a more natural product can still perform. Thanks again to Francoise from Pure Source Barbados for introducing me to them.

Let us know your favourite eye liners in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…