Skip to main content

Tata Harper Meet and Greet

Pure Source Barbados recently hosted a Tata Harper Meet and Greet with their regional trainer for the East Coast and Canada, Dana Isernio. Customers were invited to receive mini facials as well as find out more about Tata Harper Skincare.

Tata Harper's Dana Isernio - www.modenmakeup.com

Dana is very knowledgeable about the brand and was able to recommend different products to each customer based on their specific skin concerns. It is evident that she believes in the Company and she even stated that she was a faithful customer before she took the job.

Tata Harper Products and Mini Facial Set Up - www.modenmakeup.com

Tata Harper Skincare is a luxury green beauty line with luxe packaging. Many of her products are raved about by skincare expert Caroline Hirons, whom you know I reference often. Right away I asked Dana about the use of certain essential oils in their products and the propensity for them to cause skin irritation and/or photosensitivity. She assured me that their chemists use the extracts in the right form (mostly the vapours) and amount to only be beneficial to their customers. I was even more intrigued. 

Tata Harper Products and Supernatural Collection - www.modenmakeup.com
Tata Harper Supernatural Collection - www.modenmakeup.com

At the event, the Supernatural Collection was launched. From the Tata Harper site: "our most advanced collection of natural skincare treatments, delivering truly transformative results for aging concerns." That Concentrated Brightening Essence has my name all over it. Fair warning: this line is the top shelf stuff and it carries the price tag to boot.

Another item that dazzled everyone is the Honey Blossom Mask. This is the first time I've ever witnessed someone put a mask over a cleaner. The results were gorgeous; everyone's skin looked plump, hydrated and glowy. The behind the scenes scoop on this mask is that somehow the combination of the ingredients - (Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Mel/Honey/Miel, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Sclerotium gum, Maltooligosyl Glucoside, Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Lactobacillus/Punica granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Beta vulgaris/Beet Root Extract/Extrait de racine de betterave, Lactobacillus Ferment, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Olus/Vegetable Oil/Huile végétale*, Mica, Sodium Phytate, Aroma**, Natural and Organic flavors, Iron Oxides (C.I. 77891, C.I. 77491)

*Ingredients from Organic farming

**Clinical grade essential oils blend
) - created a stunning golden shimmer.

Tata Harper Honey Blossom Mask - www.modenmakeup.com

I fully intended to purchase a Nourishing Oil Cleanser at this event. I received a sample with a previous purchase and was totally impressed with its effectiveness at removing mascara. As I explained to Dana, I much prefer pump top bottle packaging for cleansing oils. Speaking of samples, that was something else we discussed and once more I have to applaud the Pure Source Barbados Team for being very helpful with product recommendations and providing samples. After watching Dana work and seeing the products perform I had a whole lot more on my list 😆

Finally I decided to start with the Tata's Daily Essentials Natural Antiaging Skincare Discovery Kit. I'm most excited to try the Hydrating Floral Essence, Resurfacing Mask and Regenerating Cleanser. These types of events are a great way to learn more about products and get one-on-one advice. Dana said that Tata's products are designed to be used right after one another; so no need to wait around for the previous item to 'sink in'. She even said you could mix the serums and creams together and apply all at once. The packaging of each item gives clear instructions on how and when to use it. The Tata Harper line prides itself on being free from: synthetic ingredients, GMOs, fillers, gluten and synthetic fragrances. 

As a gift-with-purchase I received two sample jars of the Smoothing Body Scrub and Redefining Body Balm. The latter claims to be a "stretch-mark minimizing elasticity treatment". That sounds interesting.

Tata Harper Gift with Purchase - www.modenmakeup.com
Tata Harper Gift with Purchase - www.modenmakeup.com

I'm looking forward to trying a lot more from this brand. A big thank you to Dana for answering all my questions and schooling me on the fact that it clearly says, "for best results apply to dry skin..." on all their cleansers. I gave the Purifying Cleanser a bad rap on Instagram recently and now I know it was completely user error. Dana also shared some great information about eye creams; notably, encouraging us to check the ingredients to make sure we're not buying overpriced face moisturizer.

After Dana gave me a mini facial

 I hope you get to revisit Barbados soon Dana 😊

This line is for those of us that are serious about skincare and are ingredient fanatics. Upon first impression I'd recommend the:

Nourishing Oil Cleanser (as a makeup remover)
Regenerating Cleanser
Hydrating Floral Essence
Honey Blossom Mask
Revitalising Body Oil, and
Be True - Plumping & Line Reducing Lip Treatment

International readers you can find Tata Harper products on her site or Sephora.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…