Skip to main content

Carnival Fascination Haul

In December I went on a cruise for the first time. It was an experience; from being seasick to actually eating breakfast every morning by a particular time. Definitely one for the books. Cruising is a cost effective way to see a few destinations in one trip...you don't get to stay for long but hey...

Pitons, St. Lucia - www.modenmakeup.com
St. Lucia
Timothy Hill, St. Kitts - www.modenmakeup.com
St. Kitts
The Boardwalk, St. Maarten - www.modenmakeup.com
St. Maarten
Sandy Point, St. Croix - www.modenmakeup.com
St. Croix
Puerto Rico

 The Caribbean really is beautiful.

Of course I had to check out the beauty shops along the way; the exception being St. Lucia. I took a tour of the Top 10 Sights and by the time it got back to town I was exhausted.

In Basseterre, St. Kitts I found a beauty supply store much like #1 Beauty Supply etc. I was on the hunt for a brow gel since I'd realised the night before that I forgot all of my brow products at home. Alas, I didn't see what I was looking for but surprisingly the Maybelline Color Jolt line was there.

St. Kitts haul - www.modenmakeup.com

Next stop St. Maarten aka luxury makeup shopping paradise. The store Vanity First and Lipstick have Guerlain, Chanel, Sisley Paris, Shiseido etc. counters. Oh la la!

Lipstick Parfumerie, St. Maarten - www.modenmakeup.com
Vanity First, St. Maarten - www.modenmakeup.com

I contained myself though...

Lipstick St. Maarten haul - www.modenmakeup.com 
L'Occitane Supple Skin Oil - www.modenmakeup.com
L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper - www.modenmakeup.com

No way I could bypass that Supple Skin Oil; now I can compare it to the one from NARS that I love. Thankfully Vanity First also had a L'Oreal counter so my brow gel prayers were answered. 

There's also a stand alone Inglot store on the island. Coincidentally they were having their Customer Appreciation Day on Christmas Eve while I was there.

Inglot St. Maarten - www.modenmakeup.com

Again, I didn't go ham. Inside the store was nuts and truly I only went for Heidi's beloved gel liner.

Inglot St. Maarten haul - www.modenmakeup.com

In Puerto Rico now...well, that's a big place so I only got to one mall. The rest of the damage was done in CVS and Walgreens.

Simple Micellar Cleansing Water - www.modenmakeup.com
TJMaxx haul - www.modenmakeup.com
Puerto Rico drugstore haul - www.modenmakeup.com
Puerto Rico drugstore haul - www.modenmakeup.com

I'm very excited to have that Simple micellar water so I can do the second round of comparisons. No, I absolutely don't need anymore nail polish...but you know how it is when you see those things in TJMaxx. OMG there were so many Laura Geller and Estee Lauder sets in the one in Plaza Carolina. Tis a pity I was in a rush. I'm also eager to try the new L'Oreal products. Yes, I will be comparing that mascara primer to my favourite one from Lancome

I bought one thing on the actual ship. As I said before, I was desperate for a brow pencil on the first night.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Brow Lift Duo - www.modenmakeup.com

Of course you know not all of this is for me 😉

I gotta go back to St. Croix and Puerto Rico fo sho. Have you ever been on a Carnival cruise? Let us know in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…