Skip to main content

Faves In Five | February 2017

I hope this finds you well.

That's what people start correspondence with when yuh ain't hear them for a while right? Sigh. What can I say folks? I like I in a funk 😞

Favourites are a good way to get back into the swing of things so let's do that.

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil

Lip oils blew up on the makeup scene a few months ago and I was resisting the hype...til I saw three of these in a set on Nordstrom. Y'all know I love their Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I'm currently working on a comparison between these and the Milani ones but for now just know I think these are worth the money. Wear them as a prep for liquid lipsticks, wear them to bed, wear them when yuh feeling lazy....you get the drift. And they smell amazing!

Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil - www.modenmakeup.com
'02 Raspberry'

Speaking of comfort...

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lotion

Thin/light yet so moisturising. This is the lotion for people who hate lotion because they think they all leave them feeling greasy.

Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day UV Sun Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 30

From Sephora.com: "What it is: A sunscreen with a fresh feeling that protects from UV rays and fine dust.

What it is formulated to do:
This formula provides powerful sun protection and a cationic shield that blocks fine dust to protect the skin. By utilizing the characteristics of magnets that repel each other, it is designed to have the same electrical charge as fine dust in order to form a protective skin barrier. Cypress water and seaweed extract purify the skin while soothing and moisturizing. The liquid gel formulation is moist without being sticky to impart immediate moisture for a refreshing burst of hydration.
"

I completely agree that it doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky. It's a lightweight formula that works well under makeup or alone. I might very well buy the full size some day.

Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day UV Sun Fluid Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - www.modenmakeup.com

Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus

I haven't been keeping up with applying makeup or blogging but I most definetly have been attending to my nails. They're the longest and healthiest they've been in a while and I attribute it to a few things: drinking more water (still, I ain't drinking enough), taking Omega-3 capsules religiously, keeping my cuticles moisturised, using that O.P.I crystal file and using this nail protein treatment. Previously my nails peeled ridiculously so I'd always have to file them down/cut them. Now, using this as a base coat every other manicure, I only use the crystal file to give a little shape. I'm astonished with the condition they're in actually. Watch me jinx it now. If you wear your natural nails, i.e. not gel/acrylic overlay or press-ons, this is a must.

Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus - www.modenmakeup.com

L'Occitane Firming and Beautifying Supple Skin Oil

Y'all have seen me rave about the NARS Body Oil before. This one has a spray dispenser so it's more easy to use. I can not adequately explain the gloriousness of these body oils to wunna. But let me leave you with this; if there's someone you want to bewitch, scrub from your neck down with the Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub 'Tropical Mango'. Rinse. Pat dry. Then apply this.

L'Occitane Firming and Beautifying Supple Skin Oil - www.modenmakeup.com

Thank me later 😜

Popular posts from this blog

Giveaway #14 [CLOSED]

For the first time ever we linked a giveaway to a milestone. You can look back at our previous contests and see that things usually happened pretty routinely. Why? We love to shop! ...and shopping for others is always more fun 😁 All that to say, this one is very special because you made it happen. Thank you for taking the time to read what we share and then sharing with your beauty loving friends.

On to the good stuff...

Prize A


Kat Von D MetalMatte Eyeshadow PaletteLust Lashes 'Vanity' and 'Giselle'M.A.C mini lipsticks 'No Faux Pas' and 'Relentlessly Red'M.A.C Powder Blush 'Adobe Brick'M.A.C x Mariah Carey Extra Dimension Skinfinish 'My Mimi'Inglot AMC Brow Liner Gel '11'No Bleeding Lips Secret Lip LinerUrban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (travel size) 'Zero'M.A.C x Star Trek Frost Lipstick 'Kling-It-On'Ardell Dual Lash ApplicatorM.A.C x Mariah Carey Lipglass 'Rainbow Interlude'M.A.C Pro Longwear Paint Po…

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…