Skip to main content

Revisit | Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipsticks

Since the original post in 2014, this line has become extensive. As I mentioned recently, it seems like a lot of brands under the Estee Lauder umbrella are expanding their lipstick formula offerings. The original Pure Color Envy line now features 51 shades - up from 26. In addition, there are: Matte (nine shades), Hi-Lustre (35 shades), Ombre (three options), Shine (10 shades), Vinyl LipColor (five shades), Liquid Lip Potion (14 shades), Sculpting Lacquer (eight shades), Sculpting Gloss (20 shades - 'Reckless Bloom' is great!), a Lip Volumizer and a Lip Balm.

The plan was to get a little bit of everything and do an overview of the entire Pure Color Envy line. #beautybloggeridealism Then I catch myself and realised that I: a) can't afford that, and b) these brands forever springing new products/shades on yuh. I literally can't keep up. But as the old adage goes: start where you are with what you have.

So here's the update...

Of all the lipstick options mentioned I've still only purchased from the original line. Barbados isn't getting the matte version. The full Liquid Lip Potion range still hasn't arrived - they sent testers but only stocked one colour; a hot red 😕

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potions - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Potions swatches - www.modenmakeup.com

I've seen sub par reviews on the Shine formula; as well as a review saying the Hi-Lustre formula is pretty close to the original

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre Light Sculpting Lipstick - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre Light Sculpting Lipstick - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Hi-Lustre Light Sculpting Lipstick swatches - www.modenmakeup.com

As  you can see, the prices in Barbados ain't nuttin to scoff at so yuh gotta be choosey. That said, I still stand by my initial rave review of the Pure Color Envy formula due to its: longevity, comfort, light yet pigmented formula, ease of application, luxe packaging and more recently, extensive shade range.

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick '120 Desirable' plus M.A.C 'Chestnut' - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick '160 Discreet' - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick '440 Irresistible' - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick '320 Defiant Coral' - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick '230 Infamous' - www.modenmakeup.com
Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick '340 Envious' - www.modenmakeup.com
L - R: '120 Desirable', '160 Discreet', '440 Irresistible', '320 Defiant Coral', '230 Infamous' and '340 Envious'

In addition to the six that I've purchase for myself, I've also gifted four to friends/family. That's how you know it's a product you really like. 

The only caution I would give is a pretty common one with regards to lipstick: be careful to store these in a cool environment. I dunno how possible that is wid de kinda heat we have been experiencing but try bes'. My 'Infamous' bullet broke and the scent of my precious 'Irresistible' has changed.

Now if only Cave Shepherd would stop increasing the price...

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick price increase - www.modenmakeup.com

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…