Skip to main content

M.A.C Fruity Juicy Haul

For the first time ever M.A.C's Summer launch packaging din pulling me. I know. It was shocking to me too. I mean, I get the whole retro vibe but to me the graphics like dem belong on the border of yuh grandmudda plastic place mats...or one of those disposable tablecloths that yuh does only carr tuh picnics down Bath 🙈 Anyho, a loyal #MACBarbados shopper I am so off I went.

Sidebar: if you'd like to know if/when M.A.C collections are launching in Barbados you should like/follow our Facebook page. #TeamModen

M.A.C Fruity Juicy Collection - Colour - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Fruity Juicy Collection - Face - www.modenmakeup.com

A lot of the beauty vloggers I watch were going on and on about the Fix+ 'Coconut' in limited edition packaging so that was on my radar. I thought I should get a lipstick to add to the collection. Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd that's it. I really wasn't fussed. Is that all I bought? Of course not, I'm always picking up extra items for upcoming giveaways.

M.A.C Fruity Juicy haul - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Fruity Juicy Fix+ 'Coconut' - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Fruity Juicy 'Shy Girl' Lipstick - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Fruity Juicy 126SE Brush - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Fruity Juicy Cosmetic Bag - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Lustre Drops 'Sun Rush' - www.modenmakeup.com

Reasonings

I would have prefered the berry lipstick - 'Si, Si, Me!' - but in typical M.A.C TransAmericas fashion, very limited stock was sent to us 😡Y'all know I'm not a big pink lipstick fan...so nude it was. 'Shy Girl' I'm sure is in the permanent line if you like that shade. This is definitely one that I will have to mix with a darker lip liner to make it work. I would absolutely keep that brush if I didn't just buy one from Tom Ford. It just seems a lil excessive. M.A.C has released the exact two split fibre brushes with their Summer collection for the last three years (maybe more) so I could catch dah next toss. The bag definitely ain't fuh me...not wid dah print all over it. Annnnnnd Lustre Drops, this a product M.A.C has discontinued and now randomly re-releases with select collections. People act like liquid highlighters are something new but M.A.C been having them. Vandana raves about these so I decided to give them a try. She stresses that she does not apply powder highlighter without first basing with a cream or liquid one. It's Summer man; why not. 

M.A.C also relaunched their Lipglass range and introduced some limited edition shades.

M.A.C Lipglass Collection - www.modenmakeup.com

The shimmer ones are gorgeous. Lots of duochrome options.

M.A.C Lipglasses - www.modenmakeup.com

I've bought a lot of sparkly lip glosses recently so I decided to get a cream. Not like I need any more lip gloss ever...

M.A.C Lipglass 'Soar' - www.modenmakeup.com

That's it. Oh, the PearlMatte Face Powder looked gorgeous in the pan. I was hoping that I would've been able to use it as a blush and get a similar finish to my beloved 'Ritual'. Swatching it crashed all dem plans. That ain't for us chocolate babies. It is pretty to look at though but that ain't enough reason to buy something.

What did you get from this collection? Did you like the packaging? Let us know in the comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

It's A Dupe!

posted on our Facebook page April 12, 2013 "DUPE ALERT: M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark vs Maybelline Fit Me! in 355 Coconut. Both look the same applied to the face and are the same texture when swatched. The Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is bigger by 1 gram but the Fit Me! is significantly cheap... *ahem* more "inexpensive". There is one shade darker in the M.A.C version but 355 is the darkest shade in the Maybelline. (I'm NC50). If you go through a lot of face powder it's worth a shot - LR"
Talk about a throwback!
I watched a dupe video on YouTube recently where this comparison was mentioned and it reminded me that I had the same thought a while ago. The finish on the skin is identical. Since this original post M.A.C has changed the packaging on their Mineralize line and Maybelline has rebranded/re categorised the Fit Me! range into: Dewy/Set + Smooth and Matte + Poreless.
M.A.C says: "A slow-baked powder with 77-Mineral Complex that provid…