Skip to main content

Blush Declutter

Ever since the eyeshadow declutter I knew I'd eventually have to go through the entire collection. To make it easier on myself I decided to tackle this in stages. After this round I'll put the "maybes" to test and see what more I can part with at the end of the year.

When I did The Blush Tag I was reminded of how many blushes I had that were being underutilized. It's a shame truly.

2016 Blush Collection - www.modenmakeup.com

After some decluttering, depotting and reorganisation the collection still could use some trimming. To see the full rundown check out my Periscope.

June 2017 Blush Declutter - www.modenmakeup.com

The only thing here that needs to be trashed is the Kevyn Aucoin The Creamy Glow blush. I tried man but I rarely remember to use cream products. I really don't want to part with my Maybelline blush but sighhhhhhhhhhhhh how many mauve blushes can a girl need? Tarte blushes apply to the face wayyyyy better than they swatch but I still believe that the Tarte full sized blushes are better than the mini ones. Thanks to the amazing resource that is Temptalia.com, I can tell you that that M.A.C blush is from their In The Groove collection which launched in 2010. The scent and formula is the same but it's definitely time for Back-to-M.A.C. I'm sure you've heard me say before that there's no need to spend a lot on M.A.C Mineralize blushes since the Milani Baked ones give the same effect.

As I mentioned in the scope, this is only the first round. Six blushes is nothing in the grand scheme of things 😞

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…