Skip to main content

Used and Abused Makeup Products Tag

Nicole Renee Cutler created this tag at the request of one of her subscribers.


I think it's a great idea. We see beauty vloggers/influencers get a lot of free products from companies. We also see them declutter loads of stuff that they've never touched or maybe just swatched. But what products do they actually like? This may be a good indicator.

Fuh my one part, my used and abused products are stale news. Please click on the links provided for more information ðŸ˜‰If these thing look beat up, well...that's all the more proof.

Hourglass Veil Mineral and Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector primers still rule the day. I have added a few new primers to my testing rotation but so far these two are still my failsafe. I'm also on my second bottle of e.l.f Makeup Mist & Set which I use to spray by foundation brush or beauty sponge before use. I'm not a fan of the "baking" trend so my loose powders last me a while. So far, the Make-up Designory 'Desert' is still my favourite yellow toned under-eye setting powder

Favourite base products - www.modenmakeup.com

Y'all gotta be tired hearing me talk about the M.A.C Studio Fix and Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powders. Though I wouldn't repurchase the latter since finding a cheaper alternative.

M.A.C Studio Fix Powder 'NC50' - www.modenmakeup.com
M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural 'Dark' - www.modenmakeup.com

The only foundation I've used completely is the black|Up Fluid Foundation; that's since been reformulated and I don't think I love the new version the same way. A product category that I does mek hear is concealers though. Right now the Estee Lauder Double Wear, Lancome Waterproof and M.A.C Mineralize concealers are my most used. New readers please note that I often use concealer on necessary areas and follow with a powder foundation in lieu of using a liquid foundation.

Favourite concealers - www.modenmakeup.com

While I do really really love all the blushes I mentioned in The Blush Tag the only one showing real use is the Milani Minerals 'Sunset Beach'

Milani Minerals Blush 'Sunset Beach' - www.modenmakeup.com

Similarly, I can only mention one powder eyeshadow product: Bed Head 4-Play Eyeshadow 'Matte Love'.

TIGI Bed Head 4 Play Eyeshadow 'Matte Love' - www.modenmakeup.com

But truly, is eyeliners mi love!

M.A.C Pearlglide Intense Eye Liners 'Designer Purple' and 'Lord It Up' - www.modenmakeup.com

Lip products are all that's left...and yuh know I have too many of those. I really should stop buying lipsticks cause it's clear that I use lip balms and lip glosses more. Attempting a Project Pan had me working on the Korres Lip Butter 'Mango' and Christian Dior Creme De Rose. Nuff product does be in dem tubs yuh! I finished one tub of the original Vaseline Lip Therapy and now I'm working on their 'Rosy Lips' version.

Korres Lip Butter 'Mango' - www.modenmakeup.com
Christian Dior Creme De Rose and Vaseline 'Rosy Lips' - www.modenmakeup.com

As for lip gloss, the NYX Butter Gloss 'Praline', Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy 'Reckless Bloom' and Buxom Full-On Lip Polish 'Nicole' are in heavy rotation.

Favourite lip glosses - www.modenmakeup.com

Let us know what makeup you use the most 😍

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Mask Monday | Peter Thomas Roth Therapeutic Sulfur Mask

This is the first mask I've seen that advises users not to use "large areas of the skin".


From their site: "Medicated masque with 10% Sulfur, purifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays dries, clears up and helps prevent acne. Designed to exfoliate the skin's surface with natural Sulfur at the maximum OTC level, absorb excess oil and help purify clogged pores. Soothes and calms the appearance of skin with Aloe Vera.

Benefits - 10% Sulfur - max OTC level clears up, treats and prevents acne and blackheads.

Kaolin & Bentonite Clay - a type of clay that helps to absorb excess oil.

Aloe Vera - helps calm and hydrate the appearance of skin.

Uses

• For the treatment and management of acne.

• Clears up active acne blemishes and blackheads.

• Helps to prevent new acne blemishes and blackheads.

Warnings

For external use only.

When using this product
Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, on…