Skip to main content

Product Rave: NYX Pore Filler

Moden Mavens,

Do you have oily skin? Haven't found a product to tame it? Well look no further!!

Sounds like an infomercial right? Well I'm telling you, the NYX Cosmetics Pore Filler is LEGIT!

Taken from : www.beautyworld88.com   Via Google Images

So it deserves its own half hour infomercial segment. Check the product info out here.

Prior to being introduced to this, I was using Smashbox Photofinish Primer and breaking out like mad, probably because of the silicone. So when Olivia, a work colleague told me, man Heidi try the pore filler, it works, while hesitant I jumped for it.

I use it as a primer. Have not regretted it. The staying power of my makeup is about three hours longer. While I see my skin coming through, the sweat and oil is not that obvious. Well worth it I say.

The Claim:

reduces the appearance of pores
preps skin for your favourite foundation

All true. It also tends to mattify, which I like and retails locally at Exotica Makeup and Extensions for 30BDS.

Since you only need a pea sized amount, this should last you a good three months if you are not an everyday makeup wearer like me!

Left: without Pore Filler Right: With Pore Filler
Try it, and let us know what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…