Skip to main content

Motivation

In a perfect world we'd constantly be self motivated. If any obstacles arose, we'd see them as learning opportunities and whether we triumphed or floundered, we'd press on.

This is not a perfect world. Sometimes you just feel to curl up in a ball. Sometimes it all gets to be a little too much. Sometimes yuh does just feel 'meh'.

foxhollowcottage.com image

We're all human. We all have our stories. And as such we should all show empathy to one another.

What's all this have to do with blogging? Well, I want to encourage you to give your favourite blogger(s) a word of encouragement today. It isn't easy staying self motivated in this arena. There's the constant pressure to be pretty/funny/informative/original/creative/high quality/succinct/consistent...etc. etc. and when you don't see the returns for your labour you may become disheartened. 

www.martyduren.com image

In some of us the passion dwindles and we might even straight up feel dejected. Especially in over saturated fields. "Everyone's doing it". "I'm not special any more" ...the negative internal dialogue just goes on and on.

I know personally that blogging is a labour of love. Beauty blogging in particular: the overview posts are expensive, the comparison posts are time consuming; and the haul posts unknowingly cause envy. But knowing you Mavenz are armed with information to make a more suitable purchases confirms that I'm doing what I set out to. That's enough for me. A simple "thank you" might be the encouragement needed to continue for another. So when you haven't heard from your favourite content creators in a while, check up on them. It might pull them back from the dredges of a slump.

1 <3

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Riley Good Genes versus Drunk Elephant T.L.C Framboos Glycolic Night Serum

If you're an avid YouTube watcher you've probably heard about these products. Both brands blew up on the skincare seen in short order as expensive, but effective. If you're like me you quickly began to wonder: which is better? Short answer: it depends.


Long answer...

I've mentioned Good Genes a few times before on the blog. This 'all-in-one lactic acid treatment' is raved about by the likes of Stephanie Nicole and Caroline Hirons.

From the box: "Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for clarity, radiance, and younger-looking skin. Visibly brightens the appearance of age spots and discolorations. Instantly plumps the look of fine lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes*

*Clinically tested and proven to significantly improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in 3 minutes. Results obtained via profilometry analysis.

With Key Ingredients:

Purified Lactic Acid: One of the most hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), Lactic Acid exfoliates the surface layers of t…

Top Ten Sephora VIB Sale Recommendations

It's that time again. I'm not sure of the dates as yet but one major thing has changed: Sephora no longer ships to commercial addresses 😡I discovered this recently after two of my orders were cancelled. Their customer service said it is something they were cracking down on since late July. Stupse. Sephora clearly ain't care about those of us who have to use mail forwarders. Soooooo yeah...less hauls for me in the future which I am annoyed about. More money for Beautylish den *insert Kanye shrug*

Regular readers have seen my wish list posts every time the sale is approaching. I love watching these types of videos on YouTube so I always want to throw my hat in the ring. There are a couple recommendation posts on this blog as well but this year I wanted to narrow it down to my top ten. Now, of course they're plenty favourites I'd like to mention but in efforts to make this concise...

please click all links provided for more information

Sunday Riley Good Genes


After con…